I think we all look forward to things settling down after Christmas and this year it deffinately did not slow down. With the opening of the Temple and all the snow days we have had a CRAZY January. We all were excited to attend the temple open house at the beginning of the month. What a great experience to be able to walk with the kids and explain a few things about The House of The Lord. We have watched the building of the temple for two years with much anticipation to be able to see the inside. We even braved the weather last fall to watch them place the Angel Moroni and happened to pass by the day they were placing the piece above the front entrance that says "Holiness to The Lord, The House of The Lord". Justin and I had the opportunity to volunteer in the temple as ushers for a few hours and had a great time doing that. The weather has been...well let's just say it has been "nose hair freezing cold" here. And the snow, well it just keep coming. Thank heavens for friends with big tractors, because the whole shoveling thing gets pretty old. The kids have already had 3 snow days. The most recent one on Justin's birthday. There just happened to be a blizzard Thursday night and the road to our house was said to be one of the worst in town. Plus our driveway was drifted over. I still haven't figured out why people choose to live here.
Monday, February 4, 2008
Crazy White January
I think we all look forward to things settling down after Christmas and this year it deffinately did not slow down. With the opening of the Temple and all the snow days we have had a CRAZY January. We all were excited to attend the temple open house at the beginning of the month. What a great experience to be able to walk with the kids and explain a few things about The House of The Lord. We have watched the building of the temple for two years with much anticipation to be able to see the inside. We even braved the weather last fall to watch them place the Angel Moroni and happened to pass by the day they were placing the piece above the front entrance that says "Holiness to The Lord, The House of The Lord". Justin and I had the opportunity to volunteer in the temple as ushers for a few hours and had a great time doing that. The weather has been...well let's just say it has been "nose hair freezing cold" here. And the snow, well it just keep coming. Thank heavens for friends with big tractors, because the whole shoveling thing gets pretty old. The kids have already had 3 snow days. The most recent one on Justin's birthday. There just happened to be a blizzard Thursday night and the road to our house was said to be one of the worst in town. Plus our driveway was drifted over. I still haven't figured out why people choose to live here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just the cutest, happiest family I think I've ever seen. What a great time you always have. You are so special to me. I love you dear niece, and I see that Lilly will be 4 soon, isn't that right?
Hugs to all......
kw
Post a Comment