Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving




I'm finally getting to my blog after so long. I keep getting harassed about getting more pictures up of Tyce. Honestly, I can hardly get myself together on a daily basis, let alone update the blog.

We spent our Thanksgiving in Montana this year. I thought we'd be doing Thanksgiving here this year, so the trip home was a nice surprise. (Thank you Hus!!) The trip up was very relaxing. Tyce slept the whole way and Justin and I were able to catch up and actually have a conversation. It's always fun to go home, but this time was a little more exciting for all of us. We were all looking forward to introducing Tyce to the family. Thanksgiving was great. The food was amazing as always. Dad really knows what he's doing with the turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy. Mom never disappoints with the pies, and Wendy's stuffing and rolls were awesome!! The kids had fun playing with cousins and playing MarioKart Wii. Justin and I both took turns being sick over the holiday. I had migraines the first two days and Justin got the flu for the drive home. Luckily we made it home without using the bag...if you know what I mean.

As for the baby. He is growing like a weed. I had him to the doctor today and he now weighs 11 lbs 8oz. That's a gain of 3 1/2lbs in a month. He also grew 2 inches. You would think that he might sleep a little more than he does with the way he's grown, but no, I still continue to be up every two to three hours. I'm lucky if I get the three hour spread. UGH!!! I definitely forgot about the sleepless nights. Other than wanting to eat all night long, he is such a good baby. He's not much of a cryer. He just complains every now and then. It is so nice to snuggle with a baby again. To smell him and to hear his noises and grunts. To know that they love you unconditionally.

2 comments:

The Hodges said...

Oh my heck! Tyce is so darn cute. In that picture he looks just like Justin. I can't wait to see you guys at Christmas.

Lisah said...

He is so darn cute! I can't stand it. I love how chubby he is getting too. I hope he sleeps better for you soon. :)